Family Coaching Specialty Training
This two day Family Coaching Specialty Training program is designed for Recovery Coaches who want to learn more about the role that Recovery Coaches play in supporting family members of loved ones with substance use disorder. The Coaches will leave this training with a credential akin to our Recovery Coaches in the Emergency Department program.
Family Coaching Principles
- Motivational Interviewing
- The Power of Peers
- Wellness Plans
- Resource Provisions
Stay tuned for future trainings!
In order to take the training, you must have:
- Completed the Recovery Coach Academy and have permission from your supervisor
- One year minimum of continuous sobriety (if applicable)
- A supervisor and a support plan
- A valid email address
- Basic computer skills
- For online training: A computer/tablet with a working video camera, audio microphone and WIFI are required to participate. A phone can also be used, but we highly encourage you to try to secure a computer.
The cost of the training is $400. Attendees from any of Vermont’s 12 recovery centers will receive a full scholarship as long as their attendance is approved by their supervisor! Just list your supervisor’s name in the registration form and affirm that you have their permission.
A program of VAMHAR
100 State Street, Suite 352
Montpelier, VT 05602
STAY IN TOUCH
CONNECT WITH US