Work With Us
Rural Recovery Project Director
Employer: VAMHAR & Recovery Vermont
Location: Montpelier, VT
Substance Use Disorder has affected every community of Vermont. Our rural areas have been hit the hardest. We look to hire the Rural Recovery Project Director who will convene community and healthcare leaders from around the state to discuss, assess, and analyze ways to improve recovery supports in rural communities. This is a HRSA grant funded position (up to three years). This key staff member will have a cutting-edge opportunity to make change for Vermont in terms of stigma reduction, accessibility of recovery supports, and elevation of the rural community. This position will provide organization, coordination, and communication support for Recovery Vermont’s rural recovery program. This program gathers leaders from across the health care and local communities to encourage the growth of recovery supports, the recovery workforce, and most importantly to help evolve our renowned Recovery Coach Academy to best serve rural communities. We provide the training for Vermont’s recovery workforce and seek a Rural Recovery Project Director with a perfect blend of attention to detail and strength-based approaches to work. This person will be a highly motivated, collaborative, outgoing professional dedicated to making a difference. They will be the perfect blend of program developer and program manager.
The Rural Recovery Project Director will report to the President of the organization to support this by:
- Leading and organizing meetings of the Strategic Network–a group of recovery, healthcare, and community leaders around the state committed to growing recovery supports.
- Networking and developing continued partnerships with peers, our nationally renowned Recovery Centers, Recovery Residences, Hubs and Spokes, educators, Hospitals, and partner organizations.
- Providing outreach and fostering relationships with organizations that serve vulnerable subpopulations in targeted rural areas
- Coordinate broadband analysis
- Coordinating and following up on all aspects of convening in all corners of Vermont
- Forming and leading high level discussion groups with state and federal recovery leaders in the statewide
- All aspects of organizational and planning management
- Travel throughout the state of Vermont is required.
- Proven experience with event and meeting management
- Proven experience in meeting follow-up and in strategic planning.
- Highly organized, has a desire to develop systems, organizational processes, and workflow
- Proven self-starter
- Proven experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Office products, and social media messaging.
- Culture is everything. We seek candidates who are optimistic, good listeners, strength-based, and who are committed to kind and collegial relations in the workplace.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to relate to all kinds of people in written and spoken communication
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Individuals with lived experience of addiction recovery or experience as family members in addiction recovery are strongly encouraged to apply
This is a wonderful job in a rewarding field. It may be based remotely (however, you must be able to have close access to travel through the state of Vermont) and/or at our headquarters in Montpelier, VT. Competitive compensation and excellent benefits are available. Position was posted in October, 2021. The position shall remain open until filled. If you thrive in working cooperatively with people at all levels with respect, then we want to talk with you.
Please submit cover letter and resume to VAMHAR and Recovery Vermont President and CEO, Peter Espenshade, firstname.lastname@example.org We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
A program of VAMHAR
100 State Street, Suite 352
Montpelier, VT 05602
STAY IN TOUCH
CONNECT WITH US