Work With Us
Executive Director, Vermont Association for Mental Health and Addiction Recovery
Since 1939, the Vermont Association for Mental Health and Addiction Recovery (VAMHAR) has provided people across Vermont with services and support they need to achieve and maintain mental health and recovery from substance use disorders. The organization’s work includes training recovery coaches, supporting statewide recovery centers, lobbying for quality healthcare, housing, employment, and other supports, and reducing the stigma that so often prevents Vermonters from recovery and leading positive productive lives.
VAMHAR is currently searching for an experienced Executive Director with a history of engagement within the mental health and recovery communities. Grant funding expertise and strong communication skills are a requisite for this position.
VAMHAR is looking for a leader who can unite our team around common goals, collaborate with state, federal, and private nonprofit agencies to coordinate campaigns and delivery of services, develop and manage a budget based on grant funds with specific structures, deliverables, and reporting requirements, and provide the vision and drive necessary to ensure the long-term evolution and sustainability of our organization.
- Manage a team of six staff in a hybrid work environment with a physical base in Montpelier, VT, the state capital.
- Support a broad range of statewide initiatives, including recovery coach training and certification, recovery coaching in the ER, and VADIC, the Vermont Drug and Alcohol Information Clearinghouse
- Develop and implement organizational strategy focused on improved healthcare, community justice, housing, and employment services for Vermonters with mental health and substance use disorder issues.
- Ensure financial development to support operations and programming, including grant funding, multi-agency partnerships, and private donations.
- Maintain compliance with grant and private funding, including detailed administrative and expense tracking and meeting project deliverables
- Direct the successful engagement of VAMHAR with Statehouse leadership to pursue the development of state legislation that supports our mission
- 5+ years experience leading a community-based healthcare organization
- Master’s degree in public health or public administration preferred
- Deep understanding of issues facing the mental health and recovery communities
- Experience with state and federal grant application and administration
- Commitment to team-based leadership
- Experience with marketing and social media communications
- Commitment to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Salary Range: $85K+, with generous benefits, including health insurance, vacation, personal time off, and health savings account.
VAMHAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Provider. All VAMHAR staff contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. To apply, please visit the Seven Days job listing posted here.
Two (2) open positions
The Training Coordinator(s) will provide organization, coordination, and communication support for Recovery Vermont’s nationally recognized and certified training programs. We provide the training for Vermont’s recovery workforce and are seeking highly organized and motivated Training Coordinator(s) with excellent verbal and written communications skills, and proven experience working in a public-facing role. This is a fast-paced job, in a busy training department that hosts over 50 trainings per year.
Recovery Vermont, a program of the Vermont Association for Mental Health and Addiction Recovery, is a non-profit organization located in Montpelier, VT that supports and celebrates substance use disorder recovery and mental health work through trainings, advocacy, and behavioral workforce development. Recovery Vermont trains and certifies all of Vermont’s Certified Recovery Coaches, provides on-going continuing education trainings, and hosts events to celebrate recovery. Recovery Vermont works directly with a suite of recovery resources statewide including recovery centers, recovery housing, recovery employment, mental health agencies, and behavioral healthcare services. Since 2020, our current programmatic work is primarily being held online, with some events and work being held in-person.
The Training Coordinator(s) will report to the Director of Training of Recovery Vermont and are responsible for the following:
• Coordinate and organize all aspects of trainings: schedule trainings, handle all correspondence with trainers and students, organize materials and supplies for trainings, serve as the point of contact for every training, collect trainer bios and headshots, create, or collect training descriptions from all trainers, assist in writing training descriptions for marketing
• Manage all aspects of our online platform Learning Management System (Moodle): creating accounts, updating, following up with students about progress
• Update our internal and external master calendar with all trainings and events and sending invites to trainers
• Serve as tech-host and Zoom host at trainings, welcoming participants, and manage tech hosting calendar
• Serve as a trainer for modules of our trainings: Continuing Education, Specialty Trainings, Vermont Recovery Coach Academy
• Support the Recovery Vermont team as needed with additional administrative work such as tracking items for grant reporting and supporting organization-wide programs and events.
The Training Coordinator will work closely with the Communications department to support the communication and marketing of events and trainings by assisting in:
- Making updates to the website and building pages for the calendar, trainings, and events
- Assisting communications department with creating copy and visuals for marketing trainings
- Assisting the communications department with event planning
- Creating and updating training application and evaluation forms
- Answering and check communications sent through our website and other contact forms
- Creating and building newsletters
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Highly organized and efficient, has a desire to develop systems, organizational processes, and workflow
• Desire to learn! Nimble minded with the ability to work for a growing organization that values improvisation.
• Proven self-starter and ability to work independently
• Proven experience with webhosting and web updating
• Proven experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Office products, and social media messaging.
• Individuals with lived experience of substance use disorder recovery are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position will offer a salary of $45,000-$52,000, based on experience. Paid time-off and benefits including health insurance and working remotely part-time are available. The position shall remain open until filled and candidates are encouraged to submit resumes and cover letters to: Melissa Story at email@example.com
A program of VAMHAR
100 State Street, Suite 352
Montpelier, VT 05602
STAY IN TOUCH
CONNECT WITH US