Celebrate Recovery Video - Top Secret Project!!
To download all this info as a document, click here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pcmcM8HExGXbFUYqZhRJ4i8huuMJbLq_ecwOHQmoE3E/edit
We are hoping to make a video that looks like people are passing the poster to each other. So if you pretend someone is passing it to you from YOUR LEFT, and then hold the poster and say your line “Recovery means to me _____.” Then pass it to YOUR right to the “pretend” next person. Eva will make everyone’s clips connect through the magic of video editing! Watch this reference video:
We are celebrating recovery with a short video that includes YOU! How to participate:
STEP 1: PRINT THE SIGN
Download and print this “I Heart Recovery” image and tape it to a book of a similar size and /or cardboard. It needs to be in COLOR, if you don’t have access to a color printer – let us know and we’ll snail mail it to you ASAP! Peter will be mailing color copies to EVERY Center soon.
STEP 2: PICK A LOCATION
Choose a scenic location like the top of a mountain, a cow pasture, a colorful garden, in the center of a VT small town, a landmark, in front of your Center, etc. Send Eva and Danielle an email letting them know your location so that we don’t have duplicates.
STEP 3: CHOOSE A WORD
Choose ONE word to complete the sentence, “Recovery means to me _____ ” If there are 2 people doing it at the same time, one of you can say “Recovery means to me ____ and the other person can say the word OR you can say “Recovery means to us_____”. Send Eva and Danielle an email letting them know what your word is so that we don’t have duplicates.
STEP 4: FILM YOUR VIDEO
- Watch the reference video above!
- Find a friend to help you film or set your camera up on a tripod
- Wear a fun colorful costume, or something that stands out!
- Use a high quality smartphone/tablet/camera.
- Shoot at 1080 30p video rate. This can be adjusted in your settings.
- Use landscape mode and hold the phone horizontally.
- Have your camera person frame the shot so you are in the center of the video. We’ll be using a square format so get everyone in the CENTER of the frame.
- DON’T zoom in and don’t move the camera.
- IMPORTANT: You will mime receiving the sign from YOUR LEFT and then you will hold the sign in front of you to say your line: “Recovery Means to me_____” Then you passthe the sign to YOUR RIGHT.
- Make sure that we can see your face AND the sign
- Speak clearly and LOUDLY.
- Film a few tries so we have options.
- Listen back to the video to make sure we can hear you – especially if you are anywhere that is windy!
- Also take a few still photos of yourself (or group) with your sign
- And BONUS POINTS – shoot some footage of you all having a dance party with the sign for an extras reel!
- GET US YOUR AMAZING VIDEOS BY 9/25/20.
STEP 5: SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO
Upload your video HERE by 9/25/20: