Vermont Recovery Coach Certification
Welcome to everything you need to know about becoming a Certified Recovery Coach (CRC)
Recovery Coaching is the newest field in behavioral healthcare. As of 2021, Recovery Coaches in Vermont are eligible to take the next step in their professional careers in the field of recovery by applying to receive certification. Coaches who go through the educational and experiential process of gaining certification, receive the Certified Recovery Coach (CRC) credential. The CRC credential is an internationally recognized, professional credential for Vermont’s recovery workforce. It represents one’s professional commitment to the field of recovery, by upholding the highest standards of professional ethics, training, experience, and commitment to evidence-based practices.
Recovery Vermont has trained over 600 Recovery Coaches since the Vermont Recovery Coach Academy’s (VRCA) inception in 2010. While graduates of the Vermont Recovery Coach Academy can practice as Recovery Coaches in Vermont, many seek to achieve this next-level credential of Certified Recovery Coach (CRC) to further their professional development in the field of recovery.
The Certified Recovery Coach credential is recognized by the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), SAMHSA, HRSA, and the Vermont Department of Health, ADAP. Recovery Coach Certification is overseen by the Vermont Recovery Coach Certification Committee, housed within Recovery Vermont. Certification is reciprocal in 27 states as well as in Guam and Singapore. Due to a generous grant from the Vermont Department of Health, ADAP, Certification in Vermont is offered at no-cost to Vermont’s Recovery Coaches.
CRCs work in every corner of the state
The Certified Recovery Coach (CRC) credential is currently the highest prestige designated to Recovery Coaches. It represents Coaches’ utmost commitment to furthering the field of recovery in Vermont and nationwide.
Recovery Coach Certification is for those who:
- Have completed the Vermont Recovery Coach Academy or an approved reciprocal training. The Vermont Recovery Coach Academy is Vermont’s intensive, 46-hour Recovery Coach training program.
- Are working or volunteering at a recognized recovery (or recovery-adjacent) resource that serves Vermonters.
Next Steps: If you are currently working or volunteering at a recognized recovery (or recovery-adjacent) resource that serves Vermonters, have completed the Vermont Recovery Coach Academy, and want to take the next steps to become Certified, visit “Get Certified.” This page will list all requirements in order to get certified.
Why Get Certified?
The CRC credential sets you apart as a recognized recovery professional serving the state of Vermont. The potential benefits of being a Certified Recovery Coach (CRC) include:
- Certification may open up career and employment opportunities
- Certification can serve as a stepping-stone to other careers in healthcare from LADCs, to mental health professionals, clinicians, or medical doctors.
- Certification provides a community of colleagues who are doing similar work to move the field of recovery forward.
- Certified Recovery Coaches are provided a myriad of no-cost professional development opportunities for Continuing Education trainings and event participation. Learn more about eligible Continuing Education trainings here.
- Vermont’s Certification is internationally recognized and reciprocal in 27 states as well as in Guam and Singapore. Learn more about transferring credentials to a different jurisdiction on IC&RC’s website on reciprocity.
We are here to make it easy for you to pursue certification, get certified, and renew your current certification.
Vermont’s Recovery Coach Certification is nationally recognized and supported by the International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the Vermont Department of Health, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs (ADAP), and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
A program of VAMHAR
100 State Street, Suite 352
Montpelier, VT 05602
STAY IN TOUCH
CONNECT WITH US