Ethical Challenges When Living in a Small State
Tuesday, October 11
Online / Zoom
Training Description: Vermont Recovery Coaches often come face-to-face with the challenges of living and working in a small state. It is common for Recovery Coaches to see their clients at recovery meetings, at the grocery store, or in other places in the community. In these situations, how does a Recovery Coach ensure they act in accordance with the Code of Professional Ethics? In this interactive training, participants will dive into real-life case studies of these situations and learn what to do and how to avoid crossing the line.
• Discuss common experiences Recovery Coaches face in small, rural communities.
• Relate the basic principles contained in the Code of Professional Ethics.
• Know where to find the answers to detailed ethical questions for their practice.
• Identify the scope of practice within our lane: motivational interviewing, resource provision.
• Define how ethics, values, morals, laws, and boundaries are understood in recovery coaching.
• Appreciation of personal choices in morals and values.
• Appreciation of universality of ethics and boundaries.
Program at a Glance
Online Zoom Training
*Please note, students are expected to attend the entirety of each training in order to receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs). For questions about continuing education requirements, click here.
Open to all Recovery Coaches
About the Trainer
Lisa Lord (she, her, hers) is the Director of Workforce Development at Recovery Vermont. Her work is focused on creating a state-wide network of Recovery Friendly Workplaces and supporting Vermont’s Recovery Coaches and the life-changing work they do as they gain and maintain their nationally and internationally reciprocal certification. She is inspired daily by the transformative nature of recovery and how transferable the skills learned through a recovery journey are to the workplace – and she looks forward to the day that there is no longer SUD-related stigma.
A program of VAMHAR
100 State Street, Suite 352
Montpelier, VT 05602
STAY IN TOUCH
CONNECT WITH US