Motivational Interviewing: Advancing the Practice
July 2021 – September 2021
“The individual is like a garden to be tended, not a machine to be repaired”–Stephen Andrew, MI expert
This project will offer experienced coaches the opportunity to gain exceptional motivational interviewing training. Over the course of a three-month period, this cohort of experienced recovery coaches will work directly with ATTC’s & HETI’s nationally renowned and hand-selected trainers. They will work both in group and individual training sessions to increase and refine their motivational interviewing skills.
- The training will be for 20 experienced coaches (supervisors and also center directors encouraged to apply!)
- The 20 hours of training will fall over the months of July-September (calendar is below)
- Recovery Vermont will offer a training stipend for each of the coaches whose applications are accepted.
- Coaches will leave with an Advanced Motivational Interviewing credential, as well as CEUs they can use towards their Recovery Coach Certification
- If you are interested, or if you would like to nominate one or two people from your center please have them fill out the application below. New application deadline is June 11th.
- Please note that filling out an application does not guarantee applicants a spot in this program.
Program Training Calendar
* Please note, all training dates must be attended. If you cannot make one or more of the training dates, please state so in your application*
July 12: 4-hour MI Basics Training 1&2 10:00am -2:00pm
July 13: 4-hour MI Basics Training 1&2 10:00am- 2:00pm
July 19: 2-hour MI Follow up Training 10:00am -12:00pm
August 2: 2-hour MI Follow up Training 10:00am -12:00pm
August 23: 2-hour Advancing the Practice Training 10:00am -12:00pm
August 30: 2-hour Advancing the Practice Training 10:00am -12:00pm
September 20: 2-hour Advancing the Practice Training 10:00am -12:00pm
September 27: 2-hour Advancing the Practice Training 10:00am-12:00pm