Motivational Interviewing: Advancing the Practice
July 2021 – September 2021
“The individual is like a garden to be tended, not a machine to be repaired”–Stephen Andrew, MI expert
This project will offer experienced coaches the opportunity to gain exceptional motivational interviewing training. Over the course of a three-month period, this cohort of experienced recovery coaches will work directly with ATTC’s & HETI’s nationally renowned and hand-selected trainers. They will work both in group and individual training sessions to increase and refine their motivational interviewing skills.
- The training will be for 20 experienced coaches (supervisors and also center directors encouraged to apply!)
- The 20 hours of training will fall over the months of July-September (calendar is below)
- Recovery Vermont will offer a training stipend for each of the coaches whose applications are accepted.
- Coaches will leave with an Advanced Motivational Interviewing credential, as well as CEUs they can use towards their Recovery Coach Certification
- If you are interested, or if you would like to nominate one or two people from your center please have them fill out the application below. Application deadline is June 1st.
- Please note that filling out an application does not guarantee applicants a spot in this program.
Program Training Calendar
* Please note, all training dates must be attended. If you cannot make one or more of the training dates, please state so in your application*
July 12: 4-hour MI Basics Training 1&2 10:00am -2:00pm
July 13: 4-hour MI Basics Training 1&2 10:00am- 2:00pm
July 19: 2-hour MI Follow up Training 10:00am -12:00pm
August 2: 2-hour MI Follow up Training 10:00am -12:00pm
August 23: 2-hour Advancing the Practice Training 10:00am -12:00pm
August 30: 2-hour Advancing the Practice Training 10:00am -12:00pm
September 20: 2-hour Advancing the Practice Training 10:00am -12:00pm
September 27: 2-hour Advancing the Practice Training 10:00am-12:00pm